The doctors and therapists on Sinai Hospital’s Pain Management team take an approach to pain that treats the whole person, with advanced treatments including medicine, injections, nerve stimulation and psychology. The faculty practice physiatrists at Sinai Hospital are pleased to offer the following outpatient specialty procedures for spinal and musculoskeletal pain conditions at Sinai Hospital.
Conditions treated include:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Work-related injury
- Facet syndrome - A biomechanical problem in the lower back in which the vertebrae override one another, reducing the size of the channels for nerves.
- Radiculopathy - Pain, numbness, tingling or weakness caused by a compressed nerve in the spine.
- Neuropathic/post–herpetic pain - Pain originating from nerves damaged such as after a viral outbreak like shingles.
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy - Pain, swelling, and vasomotor dysfunction of an extremity often the result of trauma or surgery.
- Joint injections
- Trigger point injections
- Botox® - For involuntary muscle stiffness.
- Fluoroscopic-guided Spinal Injections
- Steroid injections
- Facet blocks
- Radio frequency rhizotomy - Using a highly localized heat generated with radiofrequency to deaden the degenerative nerves in the facet joints of the spine, effectively disconnecting the transmission of pain signals.
- Sympathetic blocks
- Electromyography/Nerve Conduction Study
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation - Stimulates the nerves, scrambling the pain signals sent to the brain, and encouraging the release of endorphins.
- Phenol nerve block
- Baclofen pump management
In this video Dr. Edward Soriano shares his interest in pain management.
Pain management expert Dr. Edward Soriano, D.O., Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, discusses spinal compression fractures and how they are treated.
What is pain management? For Dr. Edward Soriano and Dr. Lynn Staggs at Sinai Hospital, it is what they do every day: find ways to help their patients manage their pain so they can get on with their daily lives. This video introduces you to the pain management program at Sinai Hospital. You'll also meet two patients who have benefited from the expertise of Dr. Soriano and Dr. Staggs.
For more information concerning pain management services or to schedule an appointment, call 410-601-5597.