The Louis and Henrietta Blaustein Women's Health Center at Sinai welcomes expectant parents and newborns to its state-of-the-art birthing center, which opened in 2005. All the services that parents will need, both during pregnancy and after delivery, can be found in our new Women's Health Center.
• Seven private labor/delivery/recovery (LDR) rooms feature homelike décor. Medical equipment and monitors are creatively concealed behind wall panels for easy access when they are needed.
• Comfortable sofas with pullout beds allow family members to spend the night with the new mom.
• Well-appointed private bathrooms, some of which feature extended-size showers and tubs, accommodate every patient.
• Five extended-stay rooms, two of which have infant care alcoves, allow the baby who needs a little extra medical attention to stay in the same room with his or her mother.
• Two state-of-the-art Cesarean section/operating rooms are ready to handle emergency and scheduled deliveries.
• Physicians are aided by certified nurse midwives and doulas—women who provide mothers with individualized labor support—to make every birth as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
• A separate entrance and driveway adjacent to the main hospital entrance make access convenient for patients, family and visitors.
Along with these expanded facilities, The Louis and Henrietta Blaustein Women’s Health Center at Sinai houses many other services vital to the health and well-being of new mothers and babies.
Prenatal testing and counseling for high-risk pregnancies, diabetes and genetic problems are available through Sinai’s Institute for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. Newborns needing more specialized medical attention can be treated in Sinai’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), a 23-bed, Level III-B facility that consistently ranks among the top 20 percent of care units in the nation. Lactation consultants are available for instruction in breast-feeding. Nutritional counseling and exercise courses are provided through the hospital and LifeBridge Health & Fitness. Childbirth preparation, infant CPR, classes for siblings and other educational resources are also available. The Herman & Walter Samuelson Children's Hospital at Sinai and the Department of Pediatrics can help care for your children as they grow.
For more information about The Louis and Henrietta Blaustein Women’s Health Center at Sinai, call 410-601-WELL (9355)
Listen To The Radio Ad for the Louis and Henrietta Blaustein Women's Health Center at Sinai