The Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Residency Program in Internal Medicine Residency Program has a strong academic affiliation with Johns Hopkins University. Residents in our program will gain extensive clinical experience working with patients in both the inpatient and ambulatory settings at Sinai, as well as through core and elective rotations at Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins/Bayview Hospital.
- Three-year categorical program with emphasis on primary care as well as excellent medicine subspecialty exposure
- One-year preliminary medicine training program with a high degree of flexibility of electives
- Longstanding academic affiliation with Johns Hopkins University, through whom all of our core full-time faculty have academic appointments
- Direct supervision on all rotations by distinguished Sinai faculty who are highly experienced in clinical teaching and managing complex, diverse medical conditions
- Comprehensive curriculum encompassing all internal medicine topics in a systematic manner
- Focus on evidence-based medicine in daily practice, didactics, and journal clubs
- Competitive fellowship placements in numerous fields and specialties
- Various basic and clinical research opportunities with nationally recognized authorities in their respective fields
- Core and elective subspecialty rotations at Sinai, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins/Bayview Hospital
- Sinai is a primary teaching site for students from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; our inpatient medicine resident teams have year-round teaching responsibility for JHU MS-III's on their Core Medicine Clerkships, and our teaching faculty annually precept MS-I and MS-II students in their clinical skills Longitudinal Clerkships
- Longitudinal board preparation program with both didactic and mentored components
- Dedicated academic hospitalists, who are chosen and evaluated for both their excellent teaching skills as well as their superior clinical care, supervise inpatient resident teams on a monthly rotation
- Non-teaching services for the patients of many community physicians
- Strong affiliation between our preliminary medicine track ans the Johns Hopkins Hospital Categorical Anesthesia Residency Program
Residency and Hospital Virtual Tour
The Department of Medicine features over 44 board-certified physicians with JHU faculty appointments dedicated to teaching residents in a variety of disciplines.
Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA) Online
Sinai Residents Win National Recognition
Please be aware that as of September 2012 all LifeBridge Health employees will be required to receive the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine.