Sinai Pharmacy Mission:
Sinai Pharmacy professionals strive to provide the safest, most efficient, evidence based, and cost-effective pharmacy services to our patients. By utilizing cutting edge technology and the highest caliber pharmacists and pharmacy technicians we focus on safe medication practices to improve the health of our patients and support nurses, physicians, and other health care providers. We provide a caring environment that supports each other and enables us to achieve our goals.
• Patient medication profile review and assessment of medication appropriateness based on drug interactions, allergies, and dose.
• Medication preparation, including IV admixtures.
• Pharmacy dosing service consults for certain anticoagulants and antibiotics.
• Pharmacist pain consults.
• Clinical pharmacist involvement with many hospital services, including Critical Care, Surgery, Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, and Emergency Department.
• Patient care rounding with interdisciplinary teams.
• Pharmacist-operated Outpatient Anticoagulation Clinic.
• Adverse Drug Event reporting and tracking.
• Active involvement in many hospital committees.
• Drug information support.
• Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE)
• Barcode Medication Verification (BMV)
• Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR)
• Automated Dispensing Technology
• DoseEdge Pharmacy Workflow Manager
• TUG Automated Robotic Delivery System
• Electronic Medical Library
• Pharmacy Residency Program
• Pharmacists frequently precept pharmacists from University of Maryland School of Pharmacy.
• Faculty members from Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Pharmacy have practice sites at Sinai in pediatric hematology/oncology and internal medicine.