Thank you for your interest in the The Herman and Walter Samuelson Children’s Hospital at Sinai Program in Pediatrics. Though all positions are presently filled, we are eagerly recruiting residents for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Applications Service (ERAS) Program.
Our National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) number is the following:
Categorical Three-year Program: 1249320C0
Pediatric-Prelim/Child Neurology: 1249320P0
US or LCME Accredited Medical School Applicants
Consideration will be given to MD and DO applicants from US/LCME accredited schools who meet the following criteria:
- USMLE Step 1 and 2 or COMLEX Part 1 and 2 must be passed prior to rank list submission (mid-February), on either the first or second attempt
- Graduation from medical school with in the past 5 years
Consideration will be given to international medical students who meet the following criteria:
- ECFMG certification by rank list submission (mid-February)
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (CK and CS) passed preferably on first attempt, with scores above 220.
- If clinical skills were obtained outside the United States, USMLE Step 2 CS must be passed to receive an interview invitation, first attempt strongly preferred
- If primary clinical experience was completed outside the US, a minimum of 3 months hands-on US clinical experience is preferred
- Graduation from medical school with in the past 10 years and evidence of continued clinical exposures
Applications are accepted through ERAS and must include the following:
- Personal statement
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation (written within the last 6 months)
- Dean's letter
- Board scores 1, 2, & 3 if applicable
The deadline for submission of application materials is December 31, 2015 for the 2016-2017 academic year. We encourage earlier submissions to allow a more complete evaluation. Selected applicants will be invited for an interview, in which they will have the opportunity to meet with members of the faculty, tour the facilities, and visit with current residents.
The residency program begins mid-June, with orientation, and will end on June 30, 2019. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) training, Basic Life Support (BLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) will be offered at orientation. All residents must hold an "active" PALS card.
It is policy of the pediatric residency program, that the USMLE Step 3/COMLEX Part 3 exam, MUST be taken within the first residency year at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Application Process
For further information about the application process, please contact the Department of Pediatrics at 410-601-4164, or send an email message to the Pediatric Residency Administrator, Penney Prisco firstname.lastname@example.org.