1. How do I apply to your residency program?
Applicants must apply to our program via the ERAS online system. Our program number is: 1249320C0
2. When does your "Interview Season" begin and end?
We start accepting application via the ERAS System on September 1st. Our interview season is from November 1st through January 31st.
3. How will I know whether I will be invited for an interview?
The Recruitment Committee reviews all applications submitted via the ERAS system. If you are chosen for interview, you will receive a personal email from the Residency Coordinator inviting you to contact the Program Administration office to schedule an interview. Interviews are extended October 1st through mid-December.
4. What are the minimum USMLE scores you require for application to your residency program?
Each application is judged on its own merits and there is no minimum required score. We generally recommend a score of 85 or higher on Step 1 and Step 2. Candidates with exceptional abilities in other areas may be considered even if their USMLE scores are slightly lower.
5. Does your program accept COMLEX scores, or only USMLE?
Yes, we do accept COMLEX scores from applicants who attended an osteopathic medical school.
6. How many applicants will you interview this year?
We generally receive 1500 applications per year, we interview approximately 150 candidates.
7. How many residents are accepted into your program each year?
A typical intern class of pediatric residents is composed of 8 categorical pediatric residents.
8. What kind of visa does your residency program accept from International Medical Graduates?
The program sponsors J-1 and H-1B visas.
9. Is U.S. clinical experience required for International Medical Graduates?
The program strongly prefers applicants who have 3-6 months of hands-on training in either the US, UK or Canada. A US observership is not considered hands-on experience.
10. Is there a cutoff date for year of graduation?
We consider applications from IMG candidates who have graduated from medical school with in the past 10 years. We strongly prefer US medical school candidates, who have graduated in the past 5 years.
11. If I am selected for an interview, what will my interview day be like?
Your interview day will consist of a program introduction by either the Chairman or the Program Director. You will meet with two faculty members, and have a 10-minute one-on-one meeting with the Program Director. The Chief Resident will guide you through a tour of the hospital. You will have the opportunity to experience a program didactic lecture, and have lunch with the residents.