The Child Life Program serves both the 21-bed Pediatric Inpatient Unit and the nine-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
Services are provided in the playroom and at the bedside for those patients too ill to participate in the playroom activities.
The goals of the Child Life Program include:
- Educating the patients and reducing their stress
- Providing normal or home-like activities and
experiences which are needed for growth
- Creating opportunities for children to express
their feelings and to bolster their self-esteem
The program operates five days a week, including evenings and holidays.
Services are provided by a certified a child life specialist.
The Playroom hours are Monday – Saturday:
- 9:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Open for Play and Activities
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Closed for Rest Time
- 2:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Open for Play and Activities
- 10:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Open for Play and Activities
Meet Our Team of Child Life Specialists
Contact Child Life
Samuelson Children’s Hospital Child Life Practicum Application
View the Samuelson Children’s Hospital Child Life Practicum Application. (PDF)