Below is the Chief Nursing Officer Strategic Agenda for 2013 – 2016:
- Formalize a conceptual framework to drive evidence-based nursing practice as defined by benchmarked patient outcomes and excellence in patient-family care experiences.
- Optimize the electronic medical record (EMR) to enhance information management, increase staff efficiency and proficiency, and improve clinical outcomes that sustain exceptional financial performance.
- Use Just Culture principles to create a dynamic environment where staff recognize their obligation to reduce the opportunity for human error, capture errors before they reach the patient, and are celebrated for making good decisions.
- Strengthen nurse/physician partnerships through collaborative projects such as education, research and quality initiatives.
- Define clinical quality indicators which provide the quantitative basis for excellence in care delivery and produce outcomes which meet or exceed best practice benchmarks.
- Pursue specific PCS strategies that will both improve efficiency and produce quantifiable cost target approved reductions in budgeted operating expenses.