The Outpatient Rehabilitation Services department at Northwest Hospital is dedicated to helping patients regain the maximum level of self-sufficiency and return to their active lives as quickly as possible. Physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech pathologists provide care that is individualized for each patient.
The Outpatient Rehabilitation team assists patients in reducing pain, promoting healing and improving communication skills and functional abilities. Patients are educated about correct body posture, body mechanics, range of motion, strengthening exercises and other techniques that will help them to function at the highest possible level.
Outpatient therapists focus on wellness in addition to rehabilitation after illness. Recovery after illness is facilitated by specially designed programs to build strength and endurance.
Skilled therapists use the most up-to-date manual and mechanical therapies available to restore function in their patients. Goals of therapy are to increase strength, function, communication and range of motion and to decrease pain. Working within Northwest Hospital ensures that therapists are abreast of the latest post-operative rehabilitative approaches for hip and knee joint replacement therapies.
Diagnoses and rehabilitation problems served include:
- Adult Cerebral Palsy
- Back pain
- Carpel tunnel syndrome – and other cumulative trauma disorders (repetitive stress injuries)
- Chronic pain/acute pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- General rehab/functional restoration
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neck pain
- Nerve entrapment
- Nerve entrapment/radiculopathy
- Occupational health needs
- Parkinson’s disease
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Post fracture rehabilitation
- Post orthopedic surgery rehabilitation
- Shoulder injuries/RTC repair
- Total joint rehabilitation
Physical, occupational and speech therapies are offered through Northwest Hospital’s Outpatient Rehabilitation services. Therapies include, but are not limited to:
- Activities of Daily Living evaluation and treatment/training (may include assistive devices)
- Manual techniques (craniosacral therapy, massage, myofascial release, manual lymphatic drainage)
- Electrical stimulation
- Therapeutic heat/cold
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electric Stimulation)
- Strengthening exercises
- Gait and transfer training
- Assessment for gait assistive devices
- Hand therapy
- Balance training
- Neuro-muscular re-education
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Cognitive retraining
- Modified barium swallowing studies
- Vital stimulation
- Manual Lymph Drainage program
About the Center
The staff adheres to the Northwest Hospital’s philosophy of patient-centered care. The Outpatient Rehabilitation Services staff is a part of Northwest Hospital’s Outpatient Center, so recognized for its compassionate care that it is continually praised for its high level of patient satisfaction.
Registration is easy, and ample parking is available, free of charge, adjacent to the hospital’s main entrance. Physician referrals are required for all rehabilitation services, and most insurance plans are accepted.
5401 Old Court Road
Randallstown, MD 21133