The Spine Centers feature systems proven to improve patient outcomes, including:
- Evidenced-based protocols to enhance standardization of care
- Nursing staff specialized in spine care
- Designated OR staff who provide consistency in staffing to physicians
- Inpatient clinical care pathways by procedure and standing order sets that facilitate the speed and consistency of preoperative and postoperative care.
- Dedicated administrative support, including nurse spine coordinator
- Strong physician leadership
- Spine fellowship (working with ortho spine docs)
- Clinical and Economic Outcomes Monitoring
- Dedicated Patient Education Materials (by procedure)
- Patient Education & Hospital Orientation - MDA - Multidisciplinary Assessment Day
The Spine Center at Sinai Hospital
Ira Garonzik, M.D., director of The Spine Center at Sinai Hospital, gives an overview of the center and its capabilities.
In this WBAL-AM “Know Your Health” radio clip, Dr. Lawson discusses lower back pain.