This six-hour, evidence-based class is designed to help you and your support person prepare for labor and birth. Using a family-centered approach, the class is taught by a certified childbirth instructor and encourages informed decision-making so your new family can have the most positive start. You'll also learn how to care for yourself following delivery.
- Pregnancy and the labor process
- Choices in childbirth, including pain management and comfort measures
- Relaxation and coping skills
- Breathing exercises and labor rehearsal
- Caesarean birth
The class includes a tour of the BirthPlace at Sinai. We encourage parents to take this class in the seventh month of pregnancy. Please bring two pillows to class.
: Sinai Hospital, IS Training Room #3, 2401 W. Belvedere Ave., Baltimore, MD 21215
: 7:00 p.m.
This course is offered in three, two-hour evening classes. This year the class will be offered on the following dates:
- January 9, 16, 30 (Thursdays)
- February 13, 20, 27 (Thursdays)
- March 13, 20, 27 (Thursdays)
- April 3, 10, 24 (Thursdays)
- May 8, 15, 22 (Thursdays)
- June 12, 19, 26 (Thursdays)
- July 10, 17, 24 (Thursdays)
- August 14, 21, 28 (Thursdays)
- September 4, 11, 18 (Thursdays)
- October 7, 21, 28 (Tuesdays)
- November 6, 13, 20 (Thursdays)
- December 4, 11, 18 (Thursdays)
Pre-registration is required. Call 410-601-WELL (9355) to confirm dates.