The mission of the Outpatient Mental Health Clinic at Levindale is to provide compassionate treatment for the emotional and psychological needs of older adults, usually age 60 or over.
Being emotionally and mentally healthy enhances overall well-being, improves quality of life and maximizes a person's ability to cope when faced with life's challenges. The intent of our programs is to provide mental health therapies to individuals so they can maintain a healthy outlook, whether they experience chronic or new-onset psychiatric or behavioral disorders.
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the following symptoms please contact us for confidential assistance and information:
- Changes in personality
- Changes in mood or behavior
- Decline in memory
- Isolation from family or friends
- Excessive feelings of guilt, helplessness or hopelessness
- Frequent or uncontrollable crying
- Sleep disturbance
- Change in appetite
- Functional decline and loss of interest in personal hygiene
- Unexplained physical symptoms
- Increased irritability and anxiety
All participants receive an individualized treatment plan that reflects their goals and opportunities for improvement. Our mental health providers use innovative, proven methods to help participants:
- Manage symptoms of mental illness
Learn techniques for coping with stressful life situations
- Identify and develop ways to manage emotions
- Prevent a relapse of illness
Participants are evaluated during an initial appointment, after which a tailored treatment plan is developed and follow-up appointments are scheduled. We offer the following treatment options:
- Medication management
- Crisis intervention
- Patient, family and caregiver education
Treatment is provided by a team of caring and experienced behavioral health specialists that includes:
- Board-certified geriatric psychiatrists
- Certified clinical nurse specialists
- Licensed clinical social workers
Referrals are welcome from physicians, health care providers, residential facilities, family members and other involved people. Please call 410-601-2358 to refer a patient or to refer yourself for evaluation.
The Outpatient Mental Health Clinic is a participating Medicare provider.
For more information, please call 410-601-2358.